Thursday, January 28, 2010

Posole


I love Posole. LOVE posole. And while NO ONE makes it like my friend Erica Chairez's mother, I think that Tambien in Cherry Creek North has a delicious, nose-drippingly good substitute. This Mexican stew that consists of Hominy (a small corn dumpling type deal, about the size of a garbanzo bean) spices and meat, is extra fun because it is interactive. You can add lime, cilantro, cabbage, radish, Tabasco, etc. to the spicy soup to your heart's content, and these ingredients are always provided along side the stew. This is probably why I also like Pho--the Vietnamese interactive soup (add bean sprouts, basil, cilantro, etc.)

Today in the Denver Post there was an article about Posole. Although I've never tried to make it myself, I think I am going to try the red posole recipe at the bottom of the article. I'll let you know how it goes. . . .

http://www.denverpost.com/lifestyles/ci_14265646

No comments:

Post a Comment